This weekend while camping with friends in Bastrop State Park I tried chocolate chip cookie s’mores for the first time ever and my mind was blown. How I never thought to try this delicious combination before, I don’t know, but my after-dinner s’more ritual will never be the same. They were seriously so good!
My previous favorite, Fudge Stripe S’mores, still comes in at #2 in my favorite s’mores of all time list but these win the top spot.
There were some key aspects to these s’mores which made them stand out:
- The cookies were home made. Need I say more.
- The cookies were thin. Having a thin cookie kept the cookie-to-marshmallow proportion just right, so the cookies didn’t overpower the marshmallow.
Making the perfect s’more is an art!
- Homemade chocolate chip cookies
- Jumbo marshmallows
- Telescoping skewers
- Roast your marshmallow to your heart’s content
- Put the chocolate chip cookies near the fire to warm them up
- Sandwich the marshmallow between two chocolate chip cookies
So good it should be illegal.
PS. In order to get these pictures for the blog, I have to make my s’mores in daylight, which means eating them before I’ve actually had any dinner. It’s the cross I must bear.