We tried this venison mac ‘n cheese recently and it was so delicious! Beef can be easily substituted for venison. The best part is that there are only 4 steps, so you don’t have to waste time preparing food when you could be enjoying the great outdoors!
- 1 lb ground beef or venison, browned before you leave home
- 2 cups macaroni, cooked before you leave home!
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup grated cheese (I used an entire bag)
- 1 cup milk
- Nonstick foil
- Cook venison and macaroni before you leave on the camping trip.
- Line bottom of Dutch oven with foil.
- Mix all ingredients together in the Dutch oven and sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake 30-40 minutes; use 10 coals on the bottom of the Dutch oven and 14 on top.
Important Dutch oven cooking basics:
- Dutch Oven Cooking Basics
- 12 Essential Dutch Oven Cooking Tools
- How to Reuse Old Corks as Fire Starter
Serve with a salad or something green for some color contrast.
So delish! 6/6 hungry campers agree.