One of my favorites…so easy I can write this recipe from memory! And there is little I can do from memory any more.
Enjoy!! (I enjoyed so much I almost forgot to take this picture.)
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1 c chopped white onion
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 8 oz cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 28 oz tomato sauce
- 6 oz tomato paste
- shredded mozzarella
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot, Brown the venison and onion.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and tomato paste.
- In a small bowl, blend the ricotta and cottage cheeses.
- Stir in the pesto.
Mmmm. This part is so yummy.
- In the slow cooker, put a layer of meat sauce down.
- Next put down a layer of noodles. (Uncooked.)
- Then add a layer of the ricotta cheese mixture.
- Then add a layer of the mozz.
- Repeat the layers until the lasagna is complete, ending with a thick topping of shredded mozzarella.
- Cook on Low for 4.5 hours.